Vacuum

I need a vacuum that has a strong suction. Most of the ones I have bought, lose their suction after 6 months and I am not using it muhc, mostly once a week.

Any recommendations on the best brands?
thanks

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have a bissell. I vaccuum up everything, but as long as I clean out any clogs when I get them, it works as well as the day I bought it.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Dyson
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If you can afford it - dyson. My son got me one on discount when he worked at lowes...and 5 years later still works like its brand new and the best part? you can disassemble it to clean it out should you get a clog! Easy. Expensive but...worth it.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 11:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I've heard Dyson is good, and they advertise that they don't lose suction, but I don't think I could spend that much on a vacuum! lol My MIL has had a Rainbow for like 15 years and she says it works just as good as the day they got it. My DH sold Kirby's for a little while as an in-between jobs kind of thing, and he was completely sold on them, but I wouldn't let him buy one so he used his demo model around the house while he had it! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Read a good article about Dyson, did a much better job than the competition. I only buy cheap ones from Walmart but Dyson sounds good.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Bissell's do well, I like any of the "Lift Off" series. DH and I own a carpet cleaning company and guess what, dyson does lose suction. But if you have a vacuum that's lost suction after 6 months have you ever cleaned it?

You can literally remove the underpart, get anything like threads or hair stuck off the bar, remove and wash the hose, wash or replace filters and clean it out and you should get suction back. We "maintenence" our vacuums this way every other week or more if there was a job with a lot of hair and pet fur. And this really prolongs the life of the vacuum
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I hear Dyson's are great. I own a Tri Star and I love it. We have owned it for 11 years and we take it in once a year to have them give it a once over and clean it up.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Bissel or Dyson
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I love my Kirby.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:33 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I love my dyson! It was expensive but I haven't had any issues with it in the 6 years I've owned it and it has great suction still! I have three dogs and it's never failed me!
    Mrsorr

Answer by Mrsorr at 10:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011