When do I need to stop riding?

So my DH and I own a huge a$$ truck and a motorcycle. Well, the truck has been killing us in gas, although its getting better with these new prices, but its still just more cost effective to ride the bike. So when should I stick to only the truck. Besides if we ever crash she will get hurt. I know that. But honestly I have been hit 4 times this year in that truck so its not safe either. Just windering if the vibrations themselves could cause any damage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Medically there is no need to stop riding the bike if you are on the back end. However, if you are the one driving the motorcycle you need to stop when you start getting too big of a belly or start losing your balance.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i don't think the viberations would hurt the baby. but just the fact you have alot more protecting you and your baby if you were in the truck.. than on a bike. do you not have any other vehicles???
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Nope, the truck is a quad cab with a latch system and stuff for when baby is born. Its just so big noone seems to see it somehow and hit it changing lanes all the time! I have gotten hurt pretty good at least twice. :( At least on the bike we have more room to react to people.
    Anonymous

• honestly it may seem like you get hit more with the truck but u have the fiberglass to help prevent death alot better than with the bike and my brother in law was in a horrific motorcycle accident luckly i talked him out of taking my niece with him that night
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• You may have more room to react to people, but you also have a greater risk of putting it down. I come from a family of biker boys/girls, and jacked up trucks. IMO, it isn't safe for you to be on the bike right now, and it hasn't since you became pregnant.
    SugarAndSpiceX3

Answer by SugarAndSpiceX3 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• you wouldnt ride a bike while carrying a baby would u? thats what ur doing. u need to be buckled up in a safe vehicle at all times
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2008