When is enough enough?

My husband and I have so many issues right now, and he keeps making it worse by dragging his family into our mess! It makes me so mad I do not want to have to deal with this, how much do I take from his family before I just tell them to shut the F up cuz you are only getting one side to this!!!!!!!

jenn2bowman

Asked by jenn2bowman at 11:36 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• You have already taken enough. Your life is NONE of his family's business and you can feel free to let them know that. It's pretty childish of your husband to pull them in to the mess in the first place, but you don't have to rake their unwanted advice on the matter.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:40 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Any time someone brings other parties into a marital fight - it's too much. Your marriage is between YOU and your DH - no one else. He sounds very immature, like he needs validation. I would politely tell them to butt out and then I would be not so polite.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• They don't have an opinion on your relationship from my point of view!! They've already said too much!! Put them in their place!! Good luck to you!!
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 11:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• They should've never butted in in the first place, you married your husband, not them period. It's time to tell them to butt out NOW.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:42 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• you have to be strong and clear headed when he drags his family into your situation, first i'd ignore their remarks and not fight back or tell them you just dont care anymore, they confront you because it is his family and they are the only ones that defend him and that is why he runs to them too.

second after all the crap they give you, i'd tell the husband how low he got cause he cant man up and deal with his own arguements. then i'd be sure to tell him how this affects you and one day it'll turn into how he lost you because he put his family first, not his wife.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Honey ur husband needs to keep things between the 2 of u.U need to make this very clear to him.Talk ing to friends maybe ok but not family. They will almost always take sides...am I right. Maybe tell him if this continues that u want to see a therapist...this will shut him up...maybe Good Luck
    jpsmom500

Answer by jpsmom500 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We just started to see a therapist, for many reason, I have asked nicely for them to bud out but now they seem to think since he is living with them it is ok to tell me how to handle things! he does a lot of his crap on FB and that really makes me mad! I am trying to not let anyone get me to the point of getting mad and losing it so I am staying away for now, but he has told them I do not like them ect. turns around everything I say to them. It hurts cuz they know that if I am going to say something I would say it to their face. Just so lost how things can be good and than turn to crud!

jenn2bowman

Comment by jenn2bowman (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• tell them to butt out and mind their own business. they sound like immature people to me
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Generally, I feel if you've reached the point where you have to ask this, you've had enough.
    MsKylaSkyy

Answer by MsKylaSkyy at 12:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Tell them to mind their own business if they're going to be one sided anyway.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011