Does anyone know?

my youngest dd is 9 months and she has been breathing funny for about 2 monthsI have taken her to the doc several times and he says nothing is wrong well let me try to explain whe she breaths she sound like she is wesing and really gruff like she is all stoped up but no runny nose most of the time now she has a runny nose and its so hard for her she has been on antib. several time too and nothing changes it. this is driving me crazy because my poor baby can't breath right does anyone know whatis going on?

april_f

Asked by april_f at 11:39 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what you might want to try is recording how she's sounding when that happens and bring it to the doc and have the doc listen to it.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• FInd a different doctor. NEVER mess around when someone is having trouble breathing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• sounds like our DD 3months old, doctor says as long as there's no fever and she's eating don't worry. But she struggles a bit at night at I feel so bad, we put saline drops in her nose and suck out what we can. There was RSV going around her daycare and I think that's what started it. But for you, do you think it could be allergies?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:51 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I would video or record it somehow. ANd, have they looked at her tonsils? Enlarged tonsils could cause that, too. If you are not getting the help you need, see a different doctor, or take her to an Ear, Nose, Throat Specialist. They know more about the breathing type of stuff.

My daughter has been having breathing problems since last September, when she had a random virus. The ENT is now following her and helping her . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• have you tryed taken her in the bath room whe n you ran an hot bath or shower so she can beath the steam ?
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 12:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i would find a another doc too! try a humidifie or vaporizer that might help. good luck
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011