How would you react??!

so im getting married in 12 days so my sister cynthia threw me at my own house a ladies only party/personal party:) very nice of her and it was my first to go to, so she thought it would be much fun embarressing me! so she planned it from top to bottom and told me to come up with a list of ppl i wanted to invite and she would to. so we invited the ppl closest and even had ppl asking if they could bring a friend which more the better! so by time we contacted everybody for this party we had almost 5o ppl!:)) we were so excited so cynthia my sister bought and set up everything and it was planned for 7pm this past saturday night. we contacted everybody a wk before and remided them still no changes in how many ppl, then this past friday we sent out a fwd in texting and reminded everybody about the time and place. 630pm came and my mom had showed up with my sister and my other siter cynthia to make sure everything was ready, 7pm came and 2 ppl showed along with our lady to make the party happen. 730 passed nobody... 8 came 2 ppl showed up and that was it! 7 ppl altogether out of 50!! i even sent out another message at 730 saying hello?? and called everybody rang and then they hit the screw you button and went straight to voicemail. then the next morning i got messages from ppl saying hey sorry did i miss your call?? what do you say?? so i just ignored them what do i say? and let me remind you not even my great friends showed or even called or text bk, i have only gotten 2 replies saying sorry after that night, and they werent my good freinds. my poor sister had spent 2 days cooking and buying great things for a party for me to have fun. We had so much fun even tho i feel betrayed by all the ppl suppose to be my friends or whatever they call them selfs to me. idk how to react or reply to ppls comments or non comments. what do you do??!

amberpowell

Asked by amberpowell at 11:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Let it go. Things come up that people don't have control over. I may just be used to people ditching me when I have parties or get togethers.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Wow what a rude group of friends you have. Sorry that happened, I can only imagine how disappointed you are! Honestly I would let them know that there was a lot of wasted food because no one decided to show up and that a heads up would have been nice.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• well, that would definitely hurt my feelings, so i can understand. was this a last-minute party, or planned well in advance? (sorry, not going to read your post again if the answer is in there.)
    all in all, i guess you found out who your real friends are. not much you can do now. roll on and get happy about your wedding! that's what's important, eh?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:47 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Sheesh, that sucks. Sadly, that happens. People can be so rude though. Happened to me when I threw my sister's bachelorette party. I spent $1500 on that party and out of 30 invites, there were 10 of us.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't say anything. Maybe they had a good reason, or maybe they just didn't feel like showing up. Whatever it was, you're getting married soon and don't need to worry about all this drama.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm so sorry this happened to you! I never tell someone I'll be there unless I mean it. Glad you had fun though. Focus on the fun you had and the people that showed up.
    HeidisMom800

Answer by HeidisMom800 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• LOL I was not one of the ppl you invited.....but i have been invited to these types of parties before and sad to say I have said YES IT SOUNDS SO FUN. but inside I cringed at the thought of attending something like that. so when the day came.......i didn't show. May be the cause alot of them didn't show....embarassment.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2011