Does green snot always mean an infection?

What started as a cold last week with clear discharge is still hanging around, but our snot is green/yellow. Does this indicate an infection? I actually feel better than I did last week and can tell DS does too, but the green snot has me worried!
Thanks!

cemcnair

Asked by cemcnair at 11:44 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Normally, it does signal an infection, but it can also signal an infection ridding itself from your body. See a Dr if you don't feel better soon.

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Nope. I used to believe it did until I had green snot and NO infection. If you are worried, go to the doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Not unless you are having fever, pain, other symptoms. We use to think that it always meant infections, but have learned that sometimes, it will just turn that color at the end a cold.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2011