Do you want to strangle men/women who work at JoAnns Craft Store?

So I go in looking for a particular craft item and this guy is like - I don't even know what you are talking about, so I nicely ask him to look it up and he says "No we don't have it" and I say how would you know you just said you didn't know what I was talking about - he said "nope sorry don't carry it". Rather than saying I don't know ma'am let me check on that for you and even pretending to look it up he just dismisses me. MAN that steams me.

8Tinkerboo8

Asked by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I hate that, i stand there for like 20 minutes trying to describe something and finally a nice woman walks by and says "here dear" and hands me the thing.. HATE IT! Either help me or find someone who can please!!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I can't stand it when they cut your fabric crooked either! They have the ruler thing built into the desk for a reason!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:48 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Okay. . . .so I am soooooo not trying to be offensive . .. . but the visual of someone strangling a JoAnns employee is hilarious! LOL! We are ususlly all so slow-going in there! :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Um, I would complain to the manager!! That is bs!!
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• The guy was not even nice about it - he was SOOOO rude and dismissive - I actually stomped up to the front and asked for the manager and told her she better get a check on her lazy employee in the back who couldn't even be nice to a paying customer looking for an item and I left my whole cart of stuff in front of her and told her I was going to Michaels craft. HA HA. It was a huge pain in the ass too but I was not giving them my money. Not that day anyway!
    8Tinkerboo8

Comment by 8Tinkerboo8 (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Well I would make sure that particular employee got fired. Tell the manager, boss, whoever.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• depends, what exactly did you say to him? I worked at a electronics store and you wouldn't believe what I was asked! The most common headache was 'I need a battery for my cordless phone'
    'did you bring it in with you?'
    'oh no, I don't need to, I know what it looks like, it's one of those that looks like three batteries wrapped together'
    we had at least 10 that looked exactly like that! many the same color and size!

or 'I need one of those small silver batteries'
    'can you tell me the size?'
    'I'm not sure exactly, but it's really small'
    'what is it closer to? itsy bitsy or teeny weeny?'
    She just laughed and said she'd be back with the battery, I was able to help her then.

But on the flip side I went into a store once and asked if they had menorahs, I'd seen them there in the past. The girl then said
    'I don't know, is that a new clothing line?'
    Everyone laughed, then she told me no such thing existed!
    m
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I hate that too. Lucky for me, my Hancock's has knowledgeable employees for the most part, and if one of them doesn't know about something, they go ask. Somebody did right in training them. I have gotten a couple like that in the past, though, and BOY did it make me mad! I always end up asking someone else if that happens, or talking to the management.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Not at that store, but Id LOVE to strangle the management people at our local Wal-Mart.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Target!young man waiting on me stayed on his cell phone the entire time then just walked away saying this will only take a minute and left,so did i.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011