I have a question?

When me and my son got up this morning he had a blister on this top gums. It's red and white also it hurts him he don't cry but when I went to brush his gums he pulled back. He only has his 2 bottem teeth thats all. Does anyone know what this is or have had it can I put anything on it? Thanks

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would use Baby Orajel for now. It might be from him sucking. Just watch it to make sure no white patches come up (Thrush/Oral Yeast Infection) or anymore blisters which can mean he put something in his mouth that caused an adverse reaction. It might just be a canker sore, especially if he is prone to chewing on everything.
    SugarAndSpiceX3

Answer by SugarAndSpiceX3 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• my dd had that i thought she was breaking a tooth, her doc said she had a cyst on her gums and to leave it alone and her tooth would push it out or it would dissolve, it dissolved and shes fine
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I would also check the palms and soles of his feet. It could possibly be hand foot and mouth, but when they develop the blisters they are no longer contagious. It could also be any of the other things listed.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2008