? about labor

ok im due in 2 days,should i ask my doctor to do a sweep or can she just put me in the hospital and break my water without any meds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• let labor happen on it's own. if you get to another week I would ask for some extra help but for now, just let your little one be
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Are you being induced?? If not, then why not let the labor progress naturally?
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• a sweep? i'm sure you've already talked to her about labor, if you're this close. if nothing is wrong or pressing, she's gonna let you come into labor on your own, most likely.
    if you have questions, especially at this late hour, you need to call her ASAP.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:59 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Don't do a membrane sweep, it was horrible, and doesnt always work. Let labor happen naturally. Your little one isn't ready to come out yet...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm due in a couple of days as well, and I'm sooo ready. But the due date is an estimate. So long as the baby is healthy, there is a reason he or she is still in there. Technically your doc could do either one if you are very determined, but it's best to be patient. Besides, it's good practice. Patience is a virtue all of us definitely need as mothers.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 12:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No, you should not. Your baby might not be ready for another week or two . . .

There is an important reason you're still pregnant~ baby & your body aren't ready for labor (*yet), but they will be, promise!

Forcing things along is opting for convenience rather than safety. Babies are happy where they are and how they are~ Nature/God has it allll worked out and you'll be meeting baby when it is truly Time.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011