I am so desperate to loose weight, but I need help, are there any good diet pills to help boost my energy or help loose weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I can relate to you. I'm about 5'4" and weigh somewhere around 215-220. I think. I haven't weighed myself in a long time so I'm just guessing. I just started the slim-fast 3-2-1 plan. it is actually working really well for me. this is my 5th day and I do not feel hungry all the time...you get to "eat" 6 times a day if you want. I went out to eat with my family last night and I got so full so fast. I couldn't believe how fast my stomach shrank. It has really helped me with portion control and couting calories. exercise is key though. I'm trying to do little activities everyday....starting at just 5 or 10 mins and i'm working up to more.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No. The best way to safely lose weight is to eat right and exercise. It takes longer than anyone likes, but the results will last a whole lot longer. Diet pills may aid in weight loss, but many of them put dangerous levels of caffiene into your system and they don't teach you neccessary habits you need to keep yourself healthy after you get off them.
    I used to be really overweight, my doctor suggested I add more fish and vegitables into my diet and start weight training. He told me I needed to build muscle to eat the fat, and I started doing light muscle building workouts for a week, then cardio for a week, and so on. I know it's not glamourous or delicious, but drinking enough water really does help. I hope this helps!
    MsKylaSkyy

Answer by MsKylaSkyy at 12:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Eat more fruit and veggies, drink lots more water. Drink room temperature water or hot tea with your meal. Keep your pasta or potatoes to one cup per serving. Make your portions half your normal portions. Have a healthy snack midmorning and midafternoon. You will notice more energy in just a few days. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Diet pills, even the HCG ones, do not work. Their side effects are horrible. MsKaylaSkyy and Kimimale have great advice about how to lose weight the right way. And also, try joining a site like Sparkpeople to keep a food journal and track exercise.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Annon... message me so we can talk.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i agree with portion control and exercise. Depending on how much you and if you are considered really overweight talk to your dr he maybe will be able to provide something called fastin throug rx.
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Fastin is no longer available in the US, I am not sure about generic brands. I am 22, 5'5, and weigh 250 lbs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Please don't go down the route of diet pills, they may give a quick fix but they eventually start to wear off, and the weight piles back on, and more! I know it sounds hard and plain boring! But healthy foods and excercise is the only way! I've tried loads of pills, some worked, but they can seriously damage your health. Now I've been healthy eating and doing light excersice for 3 weeks and I've already lost 5lbs, I do allow treats on the weekends though, but I don't go over board!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 8:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Try HCG pills,they curve your appetite and strict 500 cal diet. Two friends tried it for 1 month and lost combined weight of 52 pounds.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011