Hemmorhoids? *TMI* adult content

So... back when I was pregnant (my son is 3), I had pretty bad hemmorhoids. At their worst, I'd bleed whenever I'd poop. I never did anything about them then, because I knew it was just from being pregnant and I figured they'd go away on their own - which they did.

Lately (maybe for a month), I've been bleeding whenever I poop. It's not a lot... just enough to redden the toilet paper when I wipe, but it sure makes that trip to the bathroom an unpleasant one. It feels a lot like hemmorhoids, but not as bad as it felt when I was pregnant.

So I'm wondering... if I have hemmorhoids while I'm not pregnant, is it something to worry about? Will it get worse?

Also, I was pregnant at the end of the last year/beginning of this year, but the pregnancy ended - could this be a symptom left over from that still?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• If the blood is a light red then it is most likely hemmeroids...Don't strain when you go to the bathroom, go to the bathroom as often as you can, use moist towelettes to wipe yourself, and use witch hazel to numb the pain.

If the blood is dark red, that is something to worry about I would make a doctors appt because it could be cancer from inside.
    TuckyGirl

Answer by TuckyGirl at 3:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No,I highly doubt it is. I get hemmorhoids too. Is the blood light or dark red? How far along were u/
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think I was about 10-12 weeks when it ended.

The blood is very bright.
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I got them when pregnant and then ever since (18 years) I've been getting them on and off. I find a little prep H or a homemade remedy works just fine - I take those round little cotton cosmetic flats and i make a combo of witch hazel along with a few drops of cypress, lavender and tea tree oils. I soak the pads in this solution and keep it in a little container or plastic bag - keep it in the fridge. When you put the cool solution on your bottom it feels so cool and good. The tea tree oil is good for swelling also acts as anti-viral, the cypress helps with bleeding and the lavender is soothing.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011