How can I get my DD to take a bath?

Normally she likes to, but she has been throwing a fit over it today.

KateShesGreat3

Asked by KateShesGreat3 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• This is a wonderful teaching opportunity. You simply tell her that we must keep our bodies clean in order to stay healthy, she doesn't have to like it, but she does have to do it because you are the mommy who is responsible for seeing to it that she stays clean and healthy. If she's old enough to understand more, you can also tell her that when we don't bathe, we start to stink, and nobody wants to be around somebody who doesn't smell attractive. I'm a believer that, as parents, we have to seize these teachable moments to let our children know that life is not always about what we want or what we think and that there are some things in life that we simply must do. It's also an opportunity for you to teach her about your authority and her responsibility to that authority. Children left to their own devices are not pleasant to be around.

NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You are the parent. You put her in the tub and ignore her fit.
    Anonymous

• Take her favorite toys to the tub. The toys you can submerge in water I meant.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 12:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• bribery works....how old is she?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• She's 3.
    KateShesGreat3

Comment by KateShesGreat3 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• bubbles, food coloring, those bath tub crayons all work well too.

My DD loved the food coloring (it won't stain, they sell some just for the bath). Once i threw in few blue drops, i couldn't get her out of there...

Now that she is older, she LOVES bubble baths. She'll take on every day...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• the reg. food coloring WILL stain, my baby cousin was a baby smurf when she got out, to be careful which one you buy, i recommend the bath tablets lol. try bubbles! and a baby doll that can go in water, i bought my 2yo dd the swimming baby, she actually swims in the water, she LOVES i! and the bubble machine for bath...make it fun [= bath paints are great too
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2011