Do you have a hard time eating proper portion sizes?

The proper portion size for a healthy diet just isn't enough for me. How about you?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• It's tough, but we are getting used to it. Large portions are why we are a nation of plus sized people.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 5:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yep! I am starting to take control of my eating and start in on portion control and measuring--- and it is amazing how small some of the servings actually are.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Everytime I see the proper portion sizes my first thought is "are they kidding me?" Those sizes aren't big enough for toddlers, really.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes. I always eat way too much!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• not at all. and i guarantee that proper portion size is enough for you but you just want more for the sake of taste. your stomach is not very big at all. it's the size of an apple, it does not take that much to fill it, and you're probably not drinking enough water either.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes I have a big issue on eating the right portions. I always get way too much. I am starting to use smaller plates.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I was going to post this same exact question the other day, but got sidetracked and forgot what the question was. lol. The special k challenge says lose 6lbs in 2 wks by eating a serving of cereal (1 cup) or granola (1/2 cup) and fruit, for breakfast, the same for lunch, and a reg. dinner. You can also do 2 snacks which range from Protein water, a couple crackers, or a cereal bar etc. I CAN'T just eat a 1/2 cup or cup of cereal and be full. I've also been eating healthy choice soups, which have 2 servings in a can. I have to eat the whole can and a salad to feel full. Same w/ Smart Ones dinners and ones like it. How can that fill you up on it's own? I'm not a bird and I need to eat more than a grape and lettuce leaf to make me full!! Sigh.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If I get a chance to eat something I'm really craving, then it's hard to limit how much I eat - normally, though, I'm pretty good about it. I never make a ton of food when I cook, so it's easier then - usually my roommate will, well, pig out, so the amount I get it just right. Works out well that way! Ha ha
    And actually, we had Korean food at the food court yesterday, got one meal and shared it - that was a really good way to control how much we each ate!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have a hard time with the proper portion sizes also. I try to use a smaller plate, but I'll go back for seconds. I just like food!
    HeidisMom800

Answer by HeidisMom800 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have a very hard time in reverse.  A normal portion size is way too much food for me.  I have to use a smaller plate to make it look like I'm eating more food.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2011