Formula

I was ging to use simalac for formulathis time around for my baby, Ive been able to find great deals and coupons that make it cheaper than the rest !For the people who have used this brand could I please get some feedback good or bad! Thanks

augboy11

Asked by augboy11 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's really the same thing as Enfamil. It works just fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I used it for my daughter. She was fine with it. The other brands made her spit up a lot.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We supplemented my oldest with Parents Choice and love it. We tried all the name brands and there was no difference as far as gas or spit up or anything and all the nutritional information was just about the same. And it's much cheaper w/o coupons.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• All we've ever used was similac. Both kids did great on it. ( ds started at 6 months with regular and dd started at 2 months on soy) I was impressed how easily they transitioned from breast milk to the formula.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I use similac, its what the hospital gave me, so I thought it would be the best, and my son hardly ever spits up. He has always done really well with it.
    urbuttacup88

Answer by urbuttacup88 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I used Enfimeal w/ my 1st, and Isomil w/ my 2nd, but w/ my last 2 I've done Target brand or whatever is cheaper, neither of them reacted differently as far as spit up or bowel movements to the diff. formula's. Now I try to get Members Mark because it's $20 for a huge can at Sam's club. Every kid is different though. Some kids just don't spit up much, and others do, sometimes it has nothing to do w/ the formula and everything to do w/ a sensitive or weak tummy. There seems to have been a lot of recalls lately w/ Similac though, so just watch out. Of course there may have been recalls for other formula too, I just haven't seen them.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Most generic brands while cheaper require a larger scoop of formula than the name brands, so I think it equals out in the end anyhow. I've found the a lot of the ingredients to be the same regardless of brand. I personally have used enfamil gentle ease when we had to supplement and DD did fine with it.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• that's all my kids took but they both were lactose sensetive and had to take the formula for that
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Well, the hospital gave my preemies Similac. I think it works good.
    ajmcheath

Answer by ajmcheath at 1:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011