SICKNESS.

I'm 38 weeks this week and have been sick for the last 2 weeks. First I had the flu, and was put on an antibiotic. Then it turned into bronchitis, and I coughed so much I thought she was going to pop out of my stomach, and of course everytime I coughed I would pee all over myself. After all that started to get better, and I was done with the antibiotic (Z pack), I developed a double ear infection and have not been able to hear out of my ears since. I'm going insane. Tomorrow is my last day of my second Z pack, and I still can't hear. Any advice???

ARast

Asked by ARast at 12:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My fiance finished the Z Pack because he had an infection and when he was done taking it, the infection came back twice as bad. The docs just recently put him on it again and the infection and pain went down..I would call your doc and see if there is anything else that they can do or put you on that wont harm the baby.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 12:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I haave been like that with both pregnancies, it seems like I am constantly sick with something. I know it's not the most helpful advice, but our immune systems are lower while being pregnant so just make sure you take your vitamins, drink lots of vitamin c and d, hope you feel better soon :)
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Its crazy, I've been so anxious for her to come, and now I don't want her to because I feel so crappy!!! I don't want her to be here until I'm feeling myself again! And I sure don't want her to be sick when she comes!
    ARast

Comment by ARast (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Also, I had the z pack a few weeks ago and it didn't do anything :(
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Z- packs suck. I have always had the infection either "move" or just come right back when taking them. If you really need antibiotics ask your doc to put you on a 10-14 day regimen. That's normally the amount of time it takes to get rid of it. The name of the game is slow and steady.

Other than that you may just have to tough it out. It sucks. I spent 2.5 months going from flu to cold to infection of one kind or another and back again. Fluids and don't be afraid to ask for help.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2011