Saying the wrong name!

I just tried to tell my eldest son off and while trying to shout his name to tell him to get off the windowsill i went through my five other children's names, 3 of which are girls! And my husbands name, and even managed to call him my own name.. Ever think you've lost the plot when it comes to names!?!

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 4:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• LOL!
    It's not so bad, but my daughter's nickname is Joss (her name is Jossalyn). I have a baby cousin named Joshua, but we call him Josh. Every time I'm playing with him, I call him Joss, and when I mention Joss's name in conversation (she's not born yet) I call her Josh. It's confusing =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Lol Been there, done that!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 4:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• haha!
    when i do this, and i scew up the name the first time, i try not wasting my time trying to remember the child's name to begin with and scream out "what's your name?!?!" or "whatever your name is!"
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I was yelling at my husband ones and I called him my dogs name.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 4:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I do it all the time. My mom has 9 grandchildren and my 9 year old is the oldest! We are together a lot which means all 9 kids in 1 house. We get laughed at a lot by the kids LOL. I swear we usually go through all 9 names before we get the right one.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I do that all the time. Very rarely do I get the name right on the first try. My mom used to do it to us...she called me Skeeter a few times...that was our dog.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Oh, and every single one of the adults in my family is guilty of calling me and my brother and my cousins by the wrong names. I've been called David many times (my older brother) LOL! Or Irene or Felicia, my older cousins. My grandma calls my younger cousin Marissa by my name all the time.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i go through all 3 kids names b 4 i get to the right one all the time. it just comes out that way my dad and mom did the same with my sisters and me
    sae931

Answer by sae931 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2008