What to do if your neighbor kids is bulling your kid

Sarah is overweight and there only 2 girl in the neighbor hood for her to play with and the girls always gang up on her. One of the little girl that is six had a birthday party at the park
in front all the girl friends she threw a water bottle at sarah and another time took her scooter and gave it to my husband and told him that sarah lost it and we look sarah was looking al over the place for it... The girl dad is a cop and very nice but the wife has fat issue
with people over weight and lets you know it... Very sad I need help what can I do...

Martha P.

Asked by Martha P. at 12:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• First of all I'm sorry for the trouble your daughter is having with the neighborhood bullies. U need to stop it now!!! It will get worse if something is not done! If u r on speaking terms with the mom I would talk to her. But,if she is one of those moms u can't talk to then u need to handle it yourself. Do the girls live on your street? Message me back we'll talk.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If I saw her throw a bottle of water at my child I would say something and then talk to the mom or dad. I do think you need to talk to the child's parents (maybe better to talk to dad if he is nice) and tell them what you have noticed. As a cop dad should know that bullying is not acceptable behavior and hopefully he will put a stop to it in his child. I would also not allow that child to play with yours, and encourage your child to find other friends to play with.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i would not allow my child to play with that child, nor would i put up with another adult's personal issues, especially if her negativity is directed towards me or my child.
    there are other things your child can do besides put up with neighborhood bullies. take her to the park, get her involved with sports or other community activities.

and the next time that child or her mother got in my face about anything, i'd get to steppin'...right back! the child probably has learned this behavior from her mother..oh and another thing, the dad may be a cop, but that doesn't mean he knows how to be a man or handle a bossy woman. he's probably whooped. JMHO.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't allow my child to play with them or even associate with them; and dullscissors hit the nail on the head
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2011