Do people feel the need of getting rid of their own stereotypes?

So while my friend dyes her hair..she comments that she will no longer look latino???? Funny!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Making a joke about a stereotype doesn't mean you judge based on that stereotype it just means you recognize it exists. I try to learn and grow in self awareness and how I view other people and cultures. It's hard sometimes to recognize but learning as much as you can about how others choose to live helps.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 12:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• not sure what you mean...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I do sort of......I hate that so many black people make up their kids names and then the child is stuck with a name no one can say, or spell and it's usually ugly to boot..(ask my friend Wanecka WAH-neck-AH) so I stayed away from any name that people can look at it on a resume and automatically assume my children are black...my daughters name is Kelley-Christina (means the strength of Christ) and my son's name will be Richard Jr.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I try not to be the typical stereotype of how some men perceive woman if that's what you mean.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think that would be a personal problem
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• So if I am having a brain freeze I shouldn't refer to it as a "blonde moment" because I am blonde? I happen to be quite intelligent. I'm not offended so honestly who cares?

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I get stereotyped alot because my accent...just because I talk slow dosen't mean I'm stupid (quote from Sweet Home Alabama) :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't feel the need to get rid of any of my supposed stereotypes because none of them are negative!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011