Do you love 1 of your children more than another?

This is a hard question to ask and I'm sure hard to answer.

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I love and will always love both of my kids equally!

raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 12:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• hell no, I may get upset with one or the other from time time to time, but I will ALWAYS love them equally:)
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 12:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No. I love them differently...as in there are certain things each child does that make me fall in love with them, but I love them equally.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I agree malkaTZ I have 8 children and i love everyone of them equally. I tell them when they ask me who my favorite child is i tell them who ever gives me the least amount of trouble that perticular day. so in my case i have a diffrent favorite child every day but to say i favore one over the other no way i love them all equally. I get upset when other people relitives show favortizem to one of my children because they like them more than the others and they show it by doing things with that child or giving that child something and nothing to the others to me that is just wrong because the other children know exactly who their favorites are and it hurts the other one's feeling especially if one of the other children go out of their way to get that relitive to like them. I think it's unfair to have a favorite child. But i know women who have loved one child and actually hated the other and i feel so sorry for that child
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 12:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• no i love all my kids the same
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 12:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I only have one child so I cant say.

My MIL though has two sons & she says all the time how she loves both of them equally but differently. Hard to explain but I get it, I'm sure I would feel the same way. Each person/child has a different personality & I'm sure there are parts to each one that you love & parts that you could do without ya know! Hope that made sense & didnt sound mean!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I loved mine in different ways. All children are different. They look different, act different, do different things. At one point, when they were young, I felt like I loved one more than the other, but after a while I realized it was just different. I'm closer to the oldest now, but it's probably because the youngest lives in another state. When we are together, it's the same fun, heart-to-heart talks that I have with the oldest. One is pure tomboy and the other is all female. They have some similar traits, but not many. There were times I didn't like the way they acted. It's the same with friends. You enjoy being with each one of them even tho they are different from each other. Would you trade one for another? Probably not.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:34 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Of course I do. It depends on which child is in my arms at the time. But then when they leave, I still love them even more because I miss them so much. I have a game I play with my kids. When the others can't hear, I tell them they are my favorite child ever. And not to tell their siblings. They think it a great game. The older kids laugh at me now because they have figured out my game. I love each of my children unconditionally in different ways because they are different people and require different things of me then their siblings.
    auntifrog

Answer by auntifrog at 12:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No I love them all equally.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I always thought I would love my first DD more, because she was my first. Then I got prego with my 2nd DD, and I was scared I would love her more because she's my baby. Now that I have both my girls, I now know what it feels like to love your children equally. I love them both SO much, not more or less than the other.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011