How do yall get motivated to work out?

I have no motivation!!! Even when i look in the mirror and see how bad my body looks. It doesnt stop me from eating and not workign out :/ Help me ladies how do yall do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You have to make the choice to want it bad enough to just get up and do a workout. I've always found that once you get started and you see results you have all the motivation right there to keep it up. Plus it takes roughly 30 days for something to become a habit. If you say to yourself...."okay I can commit to 30 days" you'll find at the end of 30 days it's just a part of your routine and that you'll crave the workout like you currently crave the junk food. Plus when you workout it's harder to cheat and eat junk because you don't want to make your sweat worth nothing, you want it to count.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm with you! I have 15 lbs to lose and I just feel so lazy! You have to find something fun to do. My go to workout is Yoga Booty Ballet. It is fun, and as soon as I get myself into a routine I know I will enjoy it. I just don't feel like getting my lazy ass out of bed!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I just get up and do it. It makes me feel so much better, including my mood!
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 12:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I love yoga booty! I did that after I had my baby. I have a pair of pants that are my "goal" pants. I look at those pants and start working out. Feel so much better when I work out.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I read about fitness...usually something I have an interest in.. Like right now I am reading about running. I also remember how good I feel after I do. Another thing you can do is journal about it. Take measurements and watch your progress.
    Anonymous

• I just get in my car and go. I sometimes have to DRAG myself to the gym and the whole time I am there I can't wait to get out of there. But I am glad when I go and i am seeing results, slowly, but I am seeing them.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Mind set, easier said than done but you can do it. Just get up and do it. Set aside time, just like you regularly brush your teeth and take a shower. Make it a part of you daily routine. GL.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Get a workout buddy! Mine is my son. Believe me, there are days when the last thing I feel like doing after working full-time is go to the gym. He motivates me and vice versa. I always feel better afterwards.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2011