ive applyed with every airline out there but cant seem to get hired what am i doing wrong . all i hear is if u come from expressjet u will never get hired with another airline ever again help

my first real job was with expressjet airlines ( flight attendant position ) ever since i left the company i cant seem to get another flight attendant job why i dont understand . same with my husband he use to fly for expressjet ( First officer )
now we cant seem to get another job we interview with airlines but as soon as they see expressjet dont get the job please help any advise .. ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Travel

• Don't tell them about expressjet and see what happens.
    Anonymous

• My mom just retired from the airlines, many of them aren't hiring right now, they are actually downsizing. Don't get discouraged though. Someone will hire you. I agree with anon, don't mention expressjet.........just mention that you have the experience.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Honey...my husband and I have worked in the travel industry for the past 30 + years. Don't be surprised at all if it's not you. It's the industry..it sucks right now and has since 911. Don't get to down in the dumps....just keep trying but be sure you have a back up plan.

In response to above pp's...depending how far back you have to go in your job history for the job application..maybe you could avoid putting it in. On the other hand if it's the only experience you have you may not have a choice. Good luck..don't give up : )
    Anonymous