P90X or Insanity

My 1st full marathon is in 4 weeks and after I want to focus on my strength training. Which would you choose and why?

Mom_2_cuties

Asked by Mom_2_cuties at 12:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• a 60 day program and will test you to your limits. Period. It is not for beginners. In my opinion, it is more intense than P90X. It also does not use any equipment. You use your body in a lot of plyometric exercises. There are walking push ups among other "fun" strength exercises throughout the DVDs.
    The first time I did it, I was a runner ( still am, although an injured one right now as the injury is only painful while running..nice) and weight 130 lbs. At the end of the 60 days program, I was 118 lbs and had lost 2" as well. I lost 12 lbs.
    I just restarted another round of Insanity this morning.. I am 110 lbs now and in 39 minutes I burned close to 300 calories. It is an amazing workout and I recommend it to anyone that is really looking to push themselves.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 2:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have never done insanity before but I love p90x!
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm ordering Insanity next week and I can't wait. I love how challenging it looks without the need for weights or other equipment like P90X is. Of course there is also Supreme 90 days, which is similar to P90x, but it's only $20
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• PX90 kicked my ASS!!!! Absolutely stand by it 100%
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yep Supreme 90 gets my vote because of the cost. I never tried Insanity I know a few ppl that have gotten hurt (pulled muscles etc). P90X is ok but too expensive
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• "I love how challenging it looks without the need for weights or other equipment like P90X"

I haven't heard or seen anything about insanity. but resistance though is an important part of strength training.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 12:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• kayslay, Insanity uses your own body weight for the resistance....here is the website for it: http://www.getinsanity.com/

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I really want to try both of them (especially P90x) but I sadly don't have the money to get it. :(
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• iluvmm09, I recently found someone online selling both, new in the packages for $50. Insanity does have a payment plan as well, but if you don't trust the $50 website, QVC has both on an installment plan as well.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If you want to focus on strength go with p90X. I am finishing up a round now. My core strength is amazing and my run times are way better (I was running over a minute faster this morning while pushing the jogger and felt better then before i started X). I am going to do insanity next to drop a few pounds and then back to p90X again. You really do get awesome results on this program.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 1:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011