My daughter will be 11 months on the 5th of december

So on the 5th of january she will be one.
Were pregnant agian due July 11th, and i really want her to be off the bottle.
But right now .. i want to know if its okay to start her on cows milk.
I know they say not till they are a year old
But seriously thats like a month away.
Ive given her some before.. little sips here and there from my cup.
But how much should i mix with formula.. or is it best to just go cold turkey with no formula ever?
What did you do? Whats your advice?
THANKS!

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 4:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its fine!! the way i always looked at it is whats the difference between january 4th and january 5th? like that whole day makes a big difference in the year of her life!! the best way to do it is to start mixing it with her formula. do 3/4formula and 1/4 milk. and gradually reduce. this way you can watch for any allergic reactions, plus, she may not like the taste of it right away, so she'll gradually get used to it! but yeah, its not a big deal, go ahead and give it to her
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I started my kid on cows milk when he was about 7 months. He didn't do too well with it but i don't think it was because of his age. He's always had food issues. I really hate how they say not to do things that our parents did with us. Like cows milk before a year. It's stupid. If your child can handle it then i say it's ok. And yeah there is certain research that says your baby can become lactose intolerant blah blah blah. But most of our parents did it with us so it can't be too harmful now can it?
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 5:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Make the transition last about a month. Best on the tummy.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2008