Does your husband want you to work?

I am 43. I have 3 kids 10 14 and 15. My 15 year old has Downs and my husband wants me to work even though he makes alot. I tell him stop buying loterry . everytime I land a job I feel it gets in the way of the kids activities and im more stessed...Im not ready to take a job on, but i feel like he wants all this money. Help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• My husband said for a little bit here lately he wanted me to work. I found a decent part time job and then he said he wants me to stay home. I am actually in the opposite situation as you right now lol. Id like to work, but he thinks I need to stay home with the kids.

Answer by gemgem at 1:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My husband values and appreciates the money I bring home. But he would support me in any way, as long as we could pay our bills.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• wow, well if you don't feel it is the right time, your husband should be supportive.some one needs to watch the kids, he should be understanding.
    ajmcheath

Answer by ajmcheath at 1:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• he wouldn't mind if i did. i've only stopped working 8mos ago. he thinks if i went back to work, i wouldn't be so bored or miss my friends/family from back home. (wrong.) plus, since he works 10-12hrs/day/6days/wk..who's gonna do all the housestuff/kidstuff i do? not him...so, to answer your question, probably not.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My husband looks at it like it would take SO much money away from our family if I didn't work - I want to be a stay at home mom and I think we could make it work on his income but he refuses to even think of it as an option..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• he doesn't want me too but once my kids are old enough i am going to go back to work... and that is my choice i don't feel i need to be home alone while my kids are off at school.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I work and would even if my husband didn't like it.

Sit down with him and go over the finances; perhaps you're not as well off as you think? My husband used to have a very mistaken idea of ours.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No, he's happy with me staying home. We discussed this before we were married and we both felt it's important for a parent to stay at home. Even when the kids are in school, it's nice to be there for field trips, when they are sick, etc. My 13 year old has severe autism and I know there's no way I would feel comfortable leaving him with someone all day.

Answer by missanc at 1:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• while i have kids home we decided i would stay home i enjoy it alot and he makes enough for me to do it but once my dd who is 2 goes into school ill get a job probably part time. just becasue ill be bored hes fine with me staying home forever or working.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 1:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Hubby doesnt want me to work, and doesnt even really want me thinking about it until our youngest is in 3rd grade....but at the same time the money I would be bringing home wouldnt be worth it anyway....Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011