Placenta Previa, Spotting and Cramps! Help!

im 12 almost 13weeks. I have placenta previa. Friday i went mini golfing and shortly after i got home, i realized i started spotting so i put a pad on just incase. i woke up in the middle of the night with cramps, lasted about an hr. Got up saturday morning wasnt bad, i bleed a lil that day, had cramps that morning again for about an hr, that afternoon cramps for about an hr. That night it was back to spotting. Sunday spotting on and off all day with cramps around noon for about an hr. Today, is spotting. i got cramps around when i woke up around 6 for about an hr and im having some now. so far its been 15min. Could it be miscarriage? Im really scared. Im going to the doctor this afternoon. I just need some reassurance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am glad you are going to see the doctor. Be prepared that you may be on restricted activity and no sex until either the previa moves or the baby is born . . . . most likely, it is the previa causing the bleeding . . .

I had previa with both my kids. It would up clearing around month 8 in both, but I was on very restricted activity, no exercise, with both to lessen the bleeding.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• just rest until you go
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 1:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• hek with the doctor go to the hospital have them check you out you have better chance there
    and good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Been thinking about you . . how did your appointment go? I hope everything is fine.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You were right...it was the previa causing the bleeding. It weent good. He put me on restricted activity, no sex, no excercise, and he doesnt me wearing anything thats gonna put pressure on my belly. He said if it continues like this, the next step is bed rest. Which wouldnt be good for me, since i have school.
    I really appreciated you answer, it gave me some relief for when i went to the doctor.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011