Insomnia in my 2.5 yr old.......

Well we thought he was just staying up later to see daddy when daddy got home but his 11-12 oclock bed time (which worked great) has now become more like 1-2 oclock and while at least one of us is up I feel like hes not sleeping because once he does go to sleep (almost 3 oclock last night) he still wakes up no later then 9:30 and normaly doesnt take a nap during the day and if he does its no more then maybe 45 mins to an hour.

Now we have tryed reading to him, singing to him, used a radio, a tv, he has a night light everything and im not upset hes up that late just worried hes not sleeping enough........my husbnad has insomina but is it possible that my son may have it at tw0?

myboysRmyhero

Asked by myboysRmyhero at 1:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Kids' Health

• It sounds like he needs a better routine for bedtime. 11 seems like a very late "bedtime" for that age whether you are up or not!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• ask your Dr about Melatonin. Good Luck!
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 1:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• here is a helpful site, but also talk to the childs doctor-
    http://www.sleepdex.org/children-insomnia.htm
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• but I do agree that a 2.5 yr old should be going to bed at 8pm.. I would do the bed time routine bath, book, hug, bed.. even if it means having him just laying in the bed & fall asleep of boredom
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We dont eat dinner till ten so theres no way to do bed time earlier but i do have a doctors appt next monday and i will ask about melatonin
    myboysRmyhero

Comment by myboysRmyhero (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2011