Have you ever thought of separation or divorce but didn't know what to do first?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 1:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes, been thinking about that same thing but i do know i have to get my life in order first, learn to drive, get a job (because of the kids), find a house and maybe government assistance can help for a bit. You have to really have a set mind that this is what you want cause it will take a lot of effort and think about why your leaving and if its benifitting your children too. Some should at the least try to get help but dont want to be stuck in a loveless marriage but try to get help so you can sort out your feelings with your soon-ex without the arguement.

and above all...make sure you have all your kid's papers, birth certificates, social cards and all
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have been divorced. Twice. The first time I had no clue though. I had a friend who helped me though and I was able to figure it out. The first step is leaving.

Answer by gemgem at 1:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• well...thats what i THINK i should do first lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011