Should kids under 18 be carded in order to by an energy drink?

This includes things like 5 hour energy supplement.

amberdawnbarr

Asked by amberdawnbarr at 1:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I used to work in a gas station and I saw parents, mostly dads, buying their small child a huge can of Monster. I didn't even like ringing them up. There are warnings on the can, one suggesting to not allow a child to consume it.

We can't be around our kids 24 seven to protect them. They find ways to get cigarettes, and K2, and everything else, whether the parents like it or not. Doesn't mean we should make it easy for them.

Yes, there should be an age limit. Laws are out there to protect our young from accessing things that could be dangerous to their lives. Teens don't think like adults. That's not parenting our children, that's protecting them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Of course, these drinks can be harmful if consumed constantly. As a matter of fact, reports have come in about energy drinks not being healthy for our kids. My son is 16, and I don't buy them for him.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes! there is no reason kids need energy drinks. go to sleep, turn off the xbox, phone and computer!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You can tell your kids not to buy something all you want. If they're walking to school past a gas station or any store, they can walk in and get one anyways. This would make it harder for them to get to. I remember back in school kids used to stop at the corner store to buy No-Doz pills and sold them. There are worse things out there, I know...but it's still not good for them.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• yes. They really are not good for anyone but adults can choose to abuse their own bodies.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Absolutely! I had an energy drink once when I was 15 called Red Devil, it mad me act like a crackhead! Needless to say, they no longer sell that certain drink!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 2:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I believe the same thing. They can be dangerous to anyone who consumes to much. Even more so to kids.
    amberdawnbarr

Comment by amberdawnbarr (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If they are older such as 16 or 17 it may be different, but my biggest problem is 10 year olds that can buy it.
    amberdawnbarr

Comment by amberdawnbarr (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• All the teens buy Red Bull.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011