what is the appropriate make up for kids ages 5 to 7 years old

my son, who is in kindergarten will have a stage play on january 2009, i was assigned to do the make up of the kids, can you help me what are the things to consider in putting make up to kids, and what is the best make up suited for a stage play with so many bright lights on.

lovingmom0419

Asked by lovingmom0419 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Depends on the parts they're playing. Kids playing kids, I would do a bright cheek and an eyeliner. Kids playing adults I would skip the cheek. Because of their age, I don't think parents are looking to see their kids spackled over. A little emphasis for eyes and lips for the girls, and just eyes for the boys.

Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 8:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• really? none. i've been in school plays and the only "make-up" we had was the Halloween stuff. Real make-up usually contains hormones that are bad for little kids.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 4:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I'm sorry, what make-up do you use? I have never seen any make-up with hormones in it. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• funny how people have to go anon to ask such stupid questions. but i will answer your idiotic question-i use mineral make-up eyeliner and lipgloss. lol i just looked it up, yeah, i made a mistake it's HORMONE ALTERING CHEMICALS. not hormones, silly me! here's a link for ya, you wnat more look them up for yourself. http://ecochildsplay.com/2008/09/25/toxic-teens-common-cosmetics-chemicals-alter-hormones-disrupt-puberty/

chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 2:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Are they sure make up is required ? My son did several plays in school and NOT one kid wore make up. I would not have allowed it personally, because it seems not needed.

I think if you are required then go with pink cheeks. I would avoid eyes and mouths, just a way of spreading colds and pink eye. Not a great idea.
    Anonymous

• I would just use regular make up and get some q-tips to put it on, that way you are not spreading germs from one child to another.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2008