Would you get angry with your husband? Or not....

My hubby was going through my inlaw's bills and sorted throgh everything which took about two hours yesterday. My inlaws were out so my hubby waited until this afternoon to bring the bills over back to them during his lunch hour. They live next door. Almost a half hour passed and he walks out with cookies bringing them back to work. I went outside to tell him my father was going to the doctors , he is very ill and I asked for the cookies. Oh you want cookies??? Here he gave me a plate. I just felt like I am going through enough with my father's demise , I understand he has obligations to his parents but I am back from caregiving for my parents and he just feels that he can go next door without me all the time. He does errands for them but I feel so shut out from their conference/errand time together..Would you get angry or not???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• No It doesn't bother me, we live next door to my inlaws also and my dh is always over at their house helping them, but he doesn't let it interfer with our family time and I know his parents are older & their health isn't all that good so I am very understanding in the time he spends with them. but it works for us, some it might not work for.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 2:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Personally? No I wouldnt be angry about it.

Answer by gemgem at 1:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• He goes next door without you and you get angry? I don't understand why that is. I would think it was just part of life if his parents lived next door. I wouldn't expect him to take me with him for that

Answer by admckenzie at 1:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No, not angry. It's not like he was out playing golf, or drinking at the bar. He is working on his parents bills. Not very fun.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No, I wouldn't be angry about his trying to help out his parents or his visiting them. It may help you think of it in terms of what he is modeling for your own children. When you are old and need help, perhaps their having observed their dad taking care of and being concerned for his folks will serve as a reminder for them as to how they should treat you and their dad. Unless there are some other issues at play here, I do not think you have any cause for concern.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm not sure I would be mad but I would sure be hurt that he was so snippy with me and didn't include me. Maybe he was just having a bad day and doesn't want to overburden you with his parents issues because you are dealing with your own father? Your wording was a little confusing so I think I understood you - you said dealing with your father's demise - but he is still alive and you are caring for him. Sounds like your DH is being a little insensitive but maybe he is overwhelmed with both your caretaker roles.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't be mad either. That's his parents, and personally I wouldn't *want* to go over there every time with him. JMO, though.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Not.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think he feels that he has to help out his parents since I was hleping mine with out me being a burden , in his way. His mom used to ask me to go with him but she stopped since I was going through this caregiving role with my own parents.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011