When is the best time to ask a friend if she will be interested in watching my baby when I go back to work?

I don't know how far along I should be before I ask a family friend to see if she would be ineterested in watching our baby. She helped raise my sister and brother and she's like a second mom to me. She lost her job last year. I know she could use the extra $ and plus it would be cheaper then daycare. So when is the right time to ask? Should I wait until I'm further along?

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ask as soon as possible. Wait until you are at least 5 months though. I'm superstitious like that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'd ask now.. why not? Maybe it would be a good light at the end of the tunnel for someone who just lost their job.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• There's no harm in asking her about it now. Unless you're afraid something might happen to the baby?
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It's never too early to make plans. If she's not interested then it gives you time to look around

Answer by admckenzie at 1:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• ASAP..she may have another job lined up, or not knowing you plan on asking her, may make other arrangements. of course, its best to have a Plan B, yourself.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I would ask as soon as possible, so everyone involved has time to prepare for the baby. You need to know so you can set something else up if need be.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• as soon as possible also so she will know she has a job to look forward to if she dont find anything....
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Ok thanks everyone. I appreciate your feedback. I wasn't sure if now would be too early or not.
    spagirl0426

Comment by spagirl0426 (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011