Going on a special diet. do i take the family with me?

many symptoms i am having have brought me to believe i may have a yeast allergy, so i am going to go yeast free for 6 weeks and see if i improve. this diet is VERY hard for me to deal with, and I know it will be for my hubby and kids as well. I am willing because i know it may make me better, but since my family doesnt necessarily NEED it (though i am sure it would do us all good).... do I just go yeast free for the whole fam or just for me and still make them wha tha want and be tortured?..lol.

honestly my kids are SOOO picky and i think they will just hate it. we eat fairly ok already, but we do a lot of bread and pasta... they are not fans of most meats, beans or veggies..... which is mosly the yeast diet. how do i do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• I think it's going to be hard enough for you - then having to heard DH and DK complain about it also may be enough to derail you. You are going to have to live and eat in a world with yeast so you may as well start at home and work on your willpower also. I tried to get my family involved when I did The Zone - as much as I could just for convenience sake and not cooking my meals separately but it was a HUGE failure.

So I suggest you get organized and plan your meals - plan/prep on Sunday nights for your meals and precook as much as you can and just cook meals for your family maybe incorporating one element of your diet so you only have to supplement a little. Does that make sense?

I guess my point is you can cook foods that are good for both that they will eat and I'd focus on using those as the centerpiece as much as possible working them in with your staple foods.

Good Luck!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Is it yeast or gluten? Maybe try gluten free first they make some tasty gluten free stuff there is always rice and quinoa. Give it a try with the family if you are the one that does all the cooking and just see how it goes.
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You can replace regular pasta with rice pasta at meals . You may also want to look at the ingredients in flat bread,tortillas are a great substituition for bread.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 2:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• yeah , but not real realistic
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I would just focus on your own diet . . since it is so restrictive . . . you an always eliminate SOME yeast for the rest of the family . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• turns out i have fibromyalgia. nice. well, i still plan on eating better. thank you ladies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2011