6 month old with Temper tantrums?

Is it normal for a 6 month old to have temper tantrums already. i gave him my keys while we were waiting in the walk in clinic so he would have something to do. He decided to put the sharp end of the keys in his mouth, i took it away and told him No more keys. He threw himself backwards and started screaming. So i walked with him and got him a book to look at, he took the book and threw it on the floor.
When his older brother sets down like a train of his to go to the bathroom, my 6month old rolls over to it, picks it up, i take it away from him and tell him No Haiden is coming back for it and give him something else to play with, he doesn't want it so he throws it out of his way and starts screaming and kicking.
His brother has temper tantrums too, but never throws himself on the floor, he just throws a toy down and screams in the cushion or on the floor, or goes in his room.
Is it normal for a 6month old, i did call my nurse and she said it was, but i don't think this extreme.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol.. my son started at 7 months !~hasn't stopoped at 3-1/2 either lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• lol, welcome to my world.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 3:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Panzonmom- my 3 year old started temper tanturms when he was closer to 1 and still has them, i was not expecting it from my 6month old son
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2011