Seasonal Allergies

What are some natural ways to decrease seasonal allergy symptoms (stuffy, runny nose, itchy, watery eyes, sneezing)?

shynu

Asked by shynu at 1:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• You can buy a sinus cleansing kit for less than $10. You just use warm tap water with the saline packets it comes with, fill the bottle and squirt up each side of your nose to clean your sinuses out.
    I've heard that some people swear by locally harvested honey to help them build immunity to their local pollens.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• there are a lot of things for allergies. baking soda, carrots, cucumbers, garlic/onion, ginger, grapefruit, honey, kiwifruit, kohlrabi, orange, ornamental flowers. i don't know what takes care of what, but it all gets taken care of. :)
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• boil a cup of water for five mins.add 2cloves and half inch piece of fresh ginger, let it cool alittle and ateaspoon ful of honey ,its very good for cough and congestion
    doctormom2011

Answer by doctormom2011 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Nothing! A Neti pot helps some, but I say drugs!
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I will say that as I get older, my allergies get worse. I have been sidelined for 4 days now by horrible sinus issues, scratchy throat, laryngitis, headache and itchy eyes. Nothing helps me but Omnaris and Zyrtec combo
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011