Private profile

i dont get if this site is to meet other moms and talk and such well how do you know if you have anthing in common with another mom to talk to if their profile is private? i allow everyone to see mine.. is yours private? just curious

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in About CafeMom

• ummmmmm? I think mine's private. If it's private you CAN NOT be searched on the internet or GOOGLE and do you REALLY want a stranger or your employer googling you and finding something on your page they dont like? No.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• mine is private because i don't care to get to know any and everyone on this site. its not full of widgets or music or cute little sayings. nothing to see, folks.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• One good way to meet and get to know other moms is to join different groups.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Mine is private but i have many personal reasons and I'm still able to meet other moms.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Just because we like the same bands doesn't mean I want you to see pictures of my family or know where I went to school. Most private profiles are only private to non-friends. Get to know people first, send them a message or talk to them in a group.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I too am new to this. I don't believe mine is set at private...I totally understand where your coming from.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Not sure about mine. Kind of understand privacy. No big deal to me who has private profiles.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• mine is viewable by everyone as far as I know. I don't get the privacy thing either.. I mean, it's CM, not something like Facebook or Myspace.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Some of my pics are private (only friends can see them) but the rest of my site is open.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 2:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Mine is open but I don't post a whole lot of personal info.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011