28 weeks; Input? And my belly is measuring too small.

Anyone have anything they can tell me about the last 12 weeks?
I am 28 weeks pregnant and have been getting super tired.
My back is so sore from all my extra belly weight that im not used to having lol.
And my little guy has been sticking his feet or hands or something up in my ribcage and it hurts quite bad.

My doctor told me that my belly is measuring smaller than it should be, and he could still be the right size and thats why I feel him move so much so often and in my whole tummy at once. Or he said that he could be developing small, so I have an ultrasound next week. Im pretty nervous even though I wont act it in front of my Fiance, I dont want him to be developing small, I dont want anything to be going wrong, Im really hoping I just have a small belly because I was very small and skinny before I was pregnant anyways.

Anyone go through any of these things or have any advise?

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 2:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• GOod Luck Mommy.. I was way bigger than I should have been but my son was a normal 8lbs and I never felt him move ( only hiccup) because I got too big - even though I gained very little weight.. I am sure it will be fine but good luck at the appt
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• people with smaller frames (skinnier people) seem to have smaller stomachs when they're pregnant. so that's normal. as for the soreness and what not, that's normal as well. it's all part of pregnancy. the further along you are in your pregnancy, the bigger the baby gets. I wouldn't worry about it, unless you're a high risk pregnancy.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• HOW small ?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Thanks everyone for answering.

and @doulala - like 4 inches too small, but when he is moving in my belly i feel like he is consuming my entire stomach and like he is all crammed in there
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I was small with mine too at first.....then I got HUGE. You still have time =)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 2:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I am measuring small... but like you I was a smaller person before I got pregnant. At my last ultrasound the doc said the baby was a good size, but I feel every little movement he make in my belly. I am 23 weeks and have only gained 5 pounds... everyone is different. I wouldn't stress about it. Im sure baby will be perfect! :)
    firsttimer338

Answer by firsttimer338 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Maybe you mean four centimeters?
    This is on the "smaller" side for fundal height but doesn't necessarily indicate a problem.
    I expect that you'll be watching for a while for IUGR and other potential concerns, but it happens sometimes and there isn't anything wrong.
    You can share your concerns and this info with your SO. If you don't and there should be a concern he might feel upset that you'd kept it from him.

Good luck.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• With my DD, I only weighed 90 lbs when I got pregnant. My belly always measured smaller than it should have been but DD was a totally normal weight at birth, just shy of 7 lbs. I also felt her move in my whole tummy, like a lil earthquake in there. lol. Best of luck to you mama! Congrats on the lil one
    TattoodMommy19

Answer by TattoodMommy19 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011