Gary, Indiana??

Can anyone tell me about this city? Where to avoid, where to live? Anything? I might be moving there in a couple weeks or months. And need to find a safe place asap.

wolverinemama

Asked by wolverinemama at 2:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have heard nothing good about Gary, Indiana, lol. I've heard it's a bad place. I've only driven through it though.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Avoid Gary like the plague. Look it up. You will see why.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Don't move there. Seriously. It's dangerous, and the whole city should be condemned. I just drove through there on my way home to Chicago and it's not good. I have a friend who is from there and hates her family for having her there.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Born and raised in the Chicago area. Well. ALL of Gary IN is or should be avoided. Seriously!!! Its got high crime, bad property values and a huge casino that draws the criminal element. Lots of out of town traffic, and lots of poor, underprivileged folks, that cant or wont keep their homes in good repair. The population is mostly black with quite a few illegals. There are much better places close by to live than Gary, IN
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'd Move to Chicago- Gary, IN is not anywhere you'd want to live!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• everything I hear about Gary is Scary. I didn't mean to rhyme but apparently the crime is high and it is NOT a desirable place to live.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• thanks ladies. :) you guys have actually helped a lot
    wolverinemama

Comment by wolverinemama (original poster) at 4:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2011