If your household income were to double, would you or how would you change your spending?

I think I would save a lot more than I spent. We are getting by now so I see double that as a change to save more. The little bit I would spend would go towards fixing up the house or getting that Dyson I've been wanting since forever now. What about you?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• First I would use it to pay down my debt. Then I would use it to go to the dentist which I haven't been able to afford in over 6 years (yes, I still brush and floss). After that I would use it to pay for a house and a new car. That's really all I want. The rest I would probably put into a college/life fund for my son.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We'd pay off our car to eliminate the payment and stick more money into savings just in case.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We would buy a house and a new car.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Our household spending wouldn't change a bit. But, we would definitely take a yearly vacation. We need a break!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm with you, we make ends meet with what is coming into the house now, if that were to double, I'd take a nice chuck to put towards paying off any debt we have and save the rest...and I'm tossed between the Dyson and the Sharkvac.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We'd go all organic foods! I struggle to keep us eating healthy on our tight food budget =( I'd love to have the extra to allow us to really be able to accomplish this goal. We'd also save a lot which is something we try to do anyway.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• When our income went up 10 fold we put most of the extra money in savings, investments and retirement accounts.
    Anonymous

• I'd save quite a bit & get a newer van
    pinkflowerpetal

Answer by pinkflowerpetal at 2:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Nothing would change here. We would just save more for retirement and vacations.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Actually, it just did. Right now we are focusing on just getting back on our feet. If it were to double again, we'd pay off some debt and buy a house.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2011