what is on my top lip, it looks like what can be a cold sore but i have never had one before and know i dont have herpes

I have had a relapse of the flu, really bad sore throat infection, bladder infection, head aches and server fevers what is it or could it be???? Stress what???

iJustwant2NO

Asked by iJustwant2NO at 2:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like it could be a fever blister/cold sore. And, BTW, those are a form of herpes simplex. It's no big deal. There are several OTC cold sore treatments that work great!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• agree with previous poster and cold sores ARE a type of herpes which most people carry in their body even though it may be dormant. Does it tingle? If so you have a cold sore. Camphophenique gel really helps with it if you put it on when you first notice the tingle and put it on every time you think of it, does up with some lysine (supplement) and you'll be fine.
    Anonymous

• Many people have the herpes simplex virus & never show a symptom so no you dont know for a fact that you do not have the virus. Plus having the virus isnt something so awful I mean really. Oh yeah 80% of the population carries the herpes simplex virus too so good luck with going through your life not having them.

How do I know all of this well my daughter at 8 days old caught herpes sipmlex & believe it or not she had to be put in the hospital for 14 days b/c she was so little.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• A cold soar IS a type of Herpes. Just NOT a STD type. They are common when you have had a cold and or been sick a while. The drug store sells Abriva to clear them up in a few days time. Stress does not cause cold soars. It is possible it's an infected folicle. Without a pic's I cant really be sure.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• probably a cold sore. Do some research on them to know for sure
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2011