Should I homeschool my special needs daughter for a while

Hello my 18 year daughter recently started having seizures early part of March she went 6 days before her 2nd one well every week after here we go all during lunch at school have to call ems I would meet them there last Saturday was the first time she had one here at home and she was in the hospital 5 days got out Thursday night and yesterday had to call ems she started with a fever and the tremors find out she had an infection.

She takes 2 medcations for her zeizures she has adhd takes medicine for that and now the one for the infection the seizures medcations are low doses as well her adhd medcine but the infection medicine is 500 miligrams she gets sleeply I spoke with her teacher this morning for a while and he mentioned Ms Willis speaking about home schooling her, she has a one on one aide in school and poor thing she loves her to death and misses her to me she is bored when she is not there.

Brittany has not been able to be at school all day since her birthday March 18 th that week she went Monday had a seizure missed Tuesday @Wednesday so that is 2 weeks no school gosh another thing I have been calling the bus every day since she has had to be out this morning it comes part of me yes homeschool her then no I wont her to get back in school I am very tired and I am sitting here now should I send her tomorrow or Wednesday, another thing her medcations how in the world do you give someone 4 medcations I give her 2 at a time this is hard believe me she has trismony 21 Downes Sydrome now this.

I wont to get hopefully someone to come in and help me one of the nurses at the hospital gave me some information which I am going to look into oh the nurse said she can go back to school long has she has no temperture rest a few days

blessed4918

Asked by blessed4918 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Whew, that was one giant run-on sentence! Homeschooling her might be a good idea so you can be sure she's safe with all of the health problems she's been having. I've been homeschooling for 3 years now, and we enjoy it.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• That is a hard decision to make. Have you considered homeschooling but finding an activity for her her so she is socializing? Perhaps you could find a local group for special needs children. GL
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 2:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I never understood why so many people associate homeschooling with being unsocialized?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Do you have the skills to homeschool your special needs child?
    If you do NOT, then she needs to stay where she is.
    Anonymous

• get help with all the family, friends and do was best for all.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Hello I would like to thank all of you who sent me answers to my questions this has been very stressful for me but her neuroligst wonts her home schooled now they are trying to get that straight her teacher has faxed the papers to her dr he mentioned how many days hse has missed and spoke like if they dont get things straight he wonts her to come to school Monday she is 4 days short of being dropped its 15 days then her case manger mentioned the epstd program which I hope she willl be approved for.

Her case manger is looking into that for me I sure need that I have been so stressed yesterday I thought I would cry all day its only 2 months and 2 days before school is over for the school year and here she has to be home schooled what else i keep saying I just hope we can make it until school starts again which is September any suggestions would be good she is on 4 mediicnes.

blessed4918

Comment by blessed4918 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2011