As moms, do you allow others to make health choices for your kids?

Do you allow others to make choices concerning your child's health for you?

Or do you do your own in-depth research and decide for yourself?

*others meaning government, doctors, parents, friends

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 2:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• I always do the research.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No. I make health decisions for my child. I research and educate myself and then make my decision.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I listen with an open mind what others have to say but I also do my own research and ultimately I choose what I feel is best for my children.
    SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I make the choices, however, I trust my doctor as well. If I'm not sure, there is always second opinions, but they see more things happen than I do, and tend to know what the outcome will be. If it's an emergency situation, I would have to trust that the paramedics are making the right choice for my child, because I may not be able to at that time. What if I wasn't there? Someone would have to make a choice.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Not a surgeon. When time came for son to have emergency bowel surgery I went with the experienced recommendation.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You do not always have the time to research.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I ,of course ,do read and research but I trust Doctors to make the right decisions ....They have a Medical Degree, I don't. :-)
    As for the Govenment? They wouldn't even figure into the discussion---they don't make decsions about your childrens' health.
    But I would discuss things with parents and friends. And ,considering that usually parents and friends don't have medical degrees, they wouldn't be making any decisions either.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I mostly trust the doctors, b/c I don't have a medical degree, I have a great family doctor, he reminds does not just get us in and out, he sits down to make sure he address all of our concerns before we leave, even if that means staying late.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No I reasearch as much as I can.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I tend to do all
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011