do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and not see the real you?

i was looking at myself and i said to myself "i dont look that way!" i have gut on me that makes me look 5 months prego but thats what happends when you have 4 kids and i assured myself that, thats not the way i look, i look just like i looked before i had 4 kids - no gut!

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• You know what I do that makes me mad? I will get all primped out and look at myself in the mirror. Okay looking good. I make a cute smile or expression and it NEVER fails. The picture always comes out horrible but when I look in the mirror it looks better than in the picture.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• yeah thats me as well , four kids have took their toll on me as well ,and my love of sweet food , I have noticed sagging lines on my face as well which I am not happy about ,I am 36 in a few weeks and cant believe it .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Well i am only 25 and im having my 4th baby in Janurary and I feel like im 45 having all these babies in such a short time had really made a mess of my body inside and out!!! im back is totally screwed up and other little things.....I have very complicated pregnancies and they have aged me alot I think plus just taking on the mom role and not having a life of most 25 year olds. Anyway I look in the mirror and dont see me anymore Im still looking for the 19 year old me and I know she is in there somewhere but I honastly dont realize how bad it is til I see a picture of myself and then im like OMG who is that!!!!! I dont feel like me cause everything I do is for other people I give give give and when I look in the mirror I see someone who is sad and wore out!! and to me thats very sad!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• What's scary is when I look at myself in the mirror and see my MOTHER. Oh sweet gawd.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I turned 43 today...and everyday I see more of my Mom's mannerisms in my everyday life.....NOOOOOOO.......LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i see myself in the mirror..but pictures of me, im like oHHH HELLLLL NOOOO!!! lol..even tho pictures ARE what you look like..and mirrors are complete opposite
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Yep, I look in the mirror and see fat and ugly...when I know I'm neither. But I think as women we have a distorted self image. It's hard to get past that...I tell myself, if everyone else says I don't need to lose any weight that I don't need to lose any weight. I might disagree but I figure they all see me more true than I see myself.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I kind of have the opposite experience. I had an eating disorder for over 10 years and I still have problems looking in the mirror and not seeing something completely distorted from what others see.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Yes! It happened last night. I thought, man this isn't me... I am lookly rather old. LOL!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i always see the flaws, never the good things about myself :(
    i wish i could do see the good things!
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 8:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2008