Do you believe most women 'cycle together?'

I starting to believe that. I work in a pretty nice restaurant. However, at the end of the night, I have to take the trash out in the bathrooms. I also empty the treasure boxes (kwim) in the women's bathroom. When I do, it's either they all have something in it or they all are already empty. I've decided this means one thing. Most women cycle together. I've only had a few periods since working there because I've been pregnant most of the time. But even then, it seems whenever I need to put something into one, there's something there. And when I don't, there's nothing there. What do you think?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• Yep I absolutely do. There is also usually one woman (kind of the alpha for lack of better term) who pulls others in to her cycle. Every job I've ever had all the females in department would eventually get on same or near same cycle.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Actually, there is research proving that women in the same home cycle together. It can also work for women in the same workplace. It's all hormonal and pheromonal.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• When they work or live close together, yes.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• When you're close to other women on a regular basis and you're not on the pill... totally! Whenever I've had female friends and there were some of us not on the pill, we totally all matched up to one another. I find it hilarious.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• yes i do
    izzystardust

Answer by izzystardust at 2:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I had a female best friend at a former job of mine... she wasn't on the pill and had had a regular period (same days) every month. When she and I became friends, hers changed to meet up with mine... she totally freaked because that had never happened to her before! She thought she was pregnant for a bit there.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I lived with my mom and my sister until I was 25- we never cycled together. It drove my dad nuts.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes.... I work at a club and we all start about the smae time. When I had a roommate we always started at the same time
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I believe it, when one woman starts her cycle, it will trigger others to start theirs too.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 2:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My sisters and my mom all seemed to get our cycles together!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011