Sleeping through the night sparatically? (9 week old baby boy)

is this a normal occurrence with newborns? he has slept through the night three times in the last months, but it was never consecutively. Does this mean I'm doing something right? And if so, how do i know what it was?

newbabyboymomma

Asked by newbabyboymomma at 2:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL.. my son is 3-1/2 and not sleeping through the night so I can't give any advice but I'll bump ya~!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• lol... thanks! but what is a bump?
    newbabyboymomma

Comment by newbabyboymomma (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• LOL! Ur not doing anything right or wrong, babies r SO unpredictable, and just when u think they're sleeping through the nights...BAM, they stop sleeping through, lol! Girl just keep on doing what ur doing and ENJOY the nights that ur LO DOES sleep through the nights!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 2:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It just depends on how hungry or sleepy the baby is. He was most likely very sleepy and well fed the nights he has slept through. Also, if you put him to bed if he is too sleepy, it will be a longer night....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• The only thing you're doing "wrong" is expecting anything different than what you're getting right now. Night waking is a SIDS defense. I'd be very distressed about a baby who didn't wake... to the point of constantly checking for breathing.

RELAX. You're doing FINE. Baby knows what he needs for sleep, better than you actually do. Instinct tells him what to do.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• A bump moves your post to the top of the queue.

• awesome! thanks guys! i appreciate all the comments, and advice.
    newbabyboymomma

Comment by newbabyboymomma (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2011