"ObamaCare"...

I asked a question, which got me thinking about another question. With this new government health care we're being bullied into buying (it's that or pay penalties), do you think the government will try to pursuade or even force parents to do things, such as vaccinate their children?

I'm not asking for a debate here, just wanting input. I could care less about your opinions on vaxing or not.

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 2:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• Yes, I'm sure just as they have "persuaded" us to accept Obamacare, they will "persuade" parents to do things they are against. It's only the beginning. If that person is re-elected, this country is headed for a nightmare of Biblical proportions!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• probably - I mean in many states the government has dictated what woman can and cannot do with her womb - so why stop there? The government is invading our lives more and more......so maybe someday. Don't they kind of already? I mean don't kids have to be vaccinated to get into school (and I'm seriously asking because I don't know) - I know in order to get into school my daughter had to give vaccine record so in a way they already are.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Good Lord, I hope not.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Back when I was a kid in the 1940's my parents had to prove that we had vaccinations when entering school. WHat is so wrong with that? It is not a new thing.....you can't blame Obama for THIS! LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Persuade no. Bully us into things yes.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Well, no, I don't think anyone will "force" parents into vaccinating. It's not being done now, is it? Maybe some other quack will publish FALSE RESEARCH and convince parents NOT to vaccinate?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• yep. and a whole slew of other things.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No, you do NOT have to vaccinate your kids for them to be allowed to attend ANY school.

Also, I know it's not called "ObamaCare" for the record, which is why I put it in quotations :)

Wasn't the government considering forcing us to all have the H1N1 back when the "huge" outbreak came through?
    Renee3K

Comment by Renee3K (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• EVERY state has an exemption....

Renee3K

Comment by Renee3K (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't vax.....my pediatrician does. Or DID, back in the 1970's. Nobody needs to force people I know to have their children vaccinated. They all do. And I doubt that the Government will "force" the vaccinations on anyone.
    "Obama Care" is really called "The Affordable Care act".
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2011