Bottle or breast? Which is best? Do you care?

Pretend I am a first time mom about to give birth. In your opinion which is best? Formula or breast? Do you care?

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I think there are benefits to both, and really, it all depends upon a mother's individual situation.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• well breast is best but I dont care how any more feeds their child whether it is breast or bottle. As long as the baby is feed, who cares.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Breastmilk is designed by nature. But it's YOUR DECISION.

Do your research... and by research I mean read the recommendations of medical authorities like the American Academy of Pediatrics and the US Surgeon General. Getting the opinions of random women on the internet (and I include myself on that) is building a house on shifting sands.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• breast its way better for the child
    nicolia

Answer by nicolia at 3:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It's up to you.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Whichever works best for you. For example, with my first I wanted to breastfeed so bad but she was tongue tied and couldnt latch on. I got really stressed out and in the end formula was what was best for us. With my 2nd she had a milk allergy so she couldnt have my milk so formula feeding was best for her. And with my 3rd breastfeeding was the best for him.

It all depends on the mother and the baby, dont stress if something thinks you should be doing another one.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It is a personal decision and none of my business.
    I care that Moms are happy and that Moms are allowed to make up their own minds without having a guilt trip laid on them for any reason.I did breast feed one child and bottle fed two. All three turned out healthy and happy and intelligent....college degrees and good lives.NOBODY ever suggested to me that I breast feed. Nobody tried to force their opinons about any part of child care. This was in the 1960's and 1970's when people were still polite and considerate.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think its a personal decision, My breast milk was NOT Best for my son - Formula was not good for him either -lol!~ it was a nightmare his first year with eating and not sleeping - it all depends on the baby, the mother and the situation
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Breast is always best and formula is the alternative. I chose breast and formula later. It was my choice. I wish every mother would give breast feeding a try but in the end it is their choice.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have done both but perfer breast its better for me and my baby
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 3:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011