Can I get a manicure while pregnant? Just no massage right?

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• you can get a manicure as long as the smells doesnt bother you and they have a massage for pregnant women you should look in to that i got one it was divine
    nicolia

Answer by nicolia at 3:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You can get a manicure and a massage when pregnant. People are WAAAAAAY too weird about things when they are pregnant. Everything is fine in moderation!!!!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I was hesitant to be around all those fumes
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Correct just as you wrote it
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You can do either. There are places that give pregnancy massages. I did my nails while I was pregnant. I believe as long as you don't always hang around those chemicals you're fine.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Honestly I would think no manicure/pedicure just because you could get infection if you wanted to be super cautious. I got massages through my entire pregnancy? Why did you say no massages? just curious. Of course you have to go to a therapist who has the pregnancy pillow that can accommodate your belly but massage during preg was wonderful.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes you can do that
    Donnabell_nyc

Answer by Donnabell_nyc at 3:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Why no massage? Yes, a mani/pedi is fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'd go to a place (for your mani) that's well-ventilated. I'm not much for getting my nails done, but I've gone with my friend... and we've gone to some pretty strong-smelling places!
    As for the massage... call around and see who does pregnancy massage. Lots of places do nowadays.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You can get massage while pregnant. Cosmetologists can't massage you anywhere that could cause you to go into labor. They are very distinct pressure points that cause that, and they aren't that easy to access as you'd think. You are fine. THe mani is fine as well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2011