Pull ups a waste of time and money?

My opinion is yes. Waste of money. Put the undies on and deal. Night time at first maybe use them.

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• YES, I used them for my oldest and i regret it badly. at 5 we finally got her potty trained just because she knew she was wearing a diaper and didnt care!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think like ALL things.. It depends on the child, the parent and the situation - complete waste of time and money for you but some people clearly swear by them - we didn't use them but many kids don't day or night train very easily either
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I didn't use them either. I feel like my son still thought of them as a diaper. So I only put them on him at night until he stopped wetting them.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• To each their own. We didn't use them with our first daughter, but with our second we did. Our second had problems getting the potty training down and wore these at night for nearly a year after she was out of them during the day. She was in big girl panties during the day by age 2.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We've been using them for a while at naptime and night time. My DD doesn't have easy access to a bathroom from her room. She wakes up wet most of the time, so we're not pushing her.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• For us, yes. Other people swear by them. I just bought cloth underwear. It was a little more laundry but not much and in my opinion potty training sucks no matter what. By the time I started training my first I was absolutely sick of buying diapers and it seemed like the cloth pants helped him train.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We only use them for naps and night time and she wears undies the rest of the time. If they are on them all the time then it is a waste of money.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• also, we never call them diapers...they are princess pants or pull ups. she knows shes not supposed to pee in them & that big girls use the potty & that diapers are for babies.

honestly, its not as simple as "waste or not" as it is how the parents are using them. if one just puts a kid in a pull up and expects them to magically be trained, thats on the parents not the pull-ups. they're made to help a parent, not do the training for the parent.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes, I agree. A total waste of money!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I agree...waste of money.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011