Is it a good time or not?

Ok so me and my husband want to have more kids, 2 or 3 to be exact. We have a beautiful little girl, Jade Elise, but we want another. We wanted them to be all very close in age like 1 year 2 tops. But he JUST finished trade school and got into a new job, and im in my first year of college. I want to finish school, desperately, so i can make a good life for my kids but i dont want to wait 4 years to have another....what do you moms think?

collegemom1007

Asked by collegemom1007 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm in college and have a baby. I had him in high school. I want more, but i know that if i had them, i would'nt finish school. I plan to wait until he's three to have more. Research shows that kids that are close in age are more competive and can get jealous easier of their siblings. So that's another reason i'm waiting. It's what you want to do.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 4:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I finished my last year of school while I was pg. That was hard enough, but then I still needed to get licensed. I graduated 2 weeks after having my son and it took me till he was 18 months to finish getting licensed. When you should be studying, you want to spend time with your family. I wanted to have our next baby close too, but we are just now TTC and my son is 19 months. But I've seen older kids just as close to their siblings as those that were born closer together. If you can wait for the next baby, do it, and finish school. You have so many more choices once you are done. And (God forbid), if anything were to happen to your husband, you would be able to support your family. I'll be going back to work soon and I'll be making more in 8 hours than my DH does in a week. Good luck in whatever decision you make.
    BradysMom932

Answer by BradysMom932 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I grew up in a family of 4 kids and me and my brothers were incredibly close, but my sister who was 4 years behind my youngest brother, was always outcasted by us and she to this day craves parental attention, because she never was on the same level as the rest of us. I dont want any of my children ending up like that. Besides, my mother was 42 when she went to college, raising 4 kids, and she graduated Magna Kum Lata, she did it later then never.....maybe i could too....
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I want another baby too so I can relate but I'm still in school and the right thing to do is when you get into a settled spot in life where you can take the time off to stay home with your baby and not worry about school. If you dont want to wait 4 years how about 3 when your almost done and try to get pregnant during the fall so you have a summer baby that way you will have enough time with the baby then go back to school in the fall.
    heartnhidin

Answer by heartnhidin at 12:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2008