When Potty training for the night...

how many times do you wake them up? My dd is 2 1/2 and potty trained except for night time. Do I just wake her up once or twice a night? She goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up at 7am.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 3:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Don't wake her at all. Put her in a pull up. When she wakes up dry for a week, she is trained and ready for undies. There is no point in waking her.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• She does wear a pull up. thank you for the advice:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• ny youngest is 3 years and she has stayed dry at night since 12 months so once I got her trained during the day at 21 months she stopped wearing diapers from there, but my oldest is 6 at the end of the month and she will still wet the bed once in a while I don't wake her or anything especially now that she is in school. I figure soon or later she will stop doing it,
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I would not wake her up. Just put a pull up for overnight and when she is steadily dry then switch to undies! I would NOT wake her, you will disrupt her sleep and be training her to get up through the night! Best of Luck!
    jdct

Answer by jdct at 3:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• my ds is 3 and never used pull ups, to me they are to similar to diapers. he was potty trained by just wearing undies, no diapers even at night. he did have accidents but after a week, he was able to eather wake up or hold it all night. we never woke him up, but he alway went pee before bed.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• All of what was said, but another major pointer, would be to cut off any drinks an hour before bed time, and have her go pee half and hour before bed, and then right before bed. That is all I did and at 2 years old they were dry at night :)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Thank you all. My dd knows the pullups arent diapers and gets really angry with herself if she wets them at night, which is why I wanted to know how to get her to stop. thank you!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 8:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2011